Welcome back to Bausman Memorial United Church of Christ!
We’re excited to welcome you back. But we want to make sure you’re safe.
Bausman Memorial has developed a plan to resume in-person worship services within state mandates and within CDC guidelines starting on Sunday, March 7th. Your safety is of paramount concern. The information below pertain to the initial opening and may change over time as the state and CDC relax and/or increase their restrictions on gatherings.
In order to maintain social distancing in the sanctuary, services will be limited to 40 to 50 worshipers.
Please read the following very carefully.
What you need to know
1) Bausman’s worship services will continue to be posted on Facebook Live and YouTube later in the day Sunday or Monday.
2) If you are in any of the high-risk categories and do not feel safe gathering with others at this time or have difficulty wearing a mask, please continue worshiping from home.
3) If you are not feeling well, please stay home and worship from there.
4) In order to comply with the 40 to 50 attendance limitation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (610) 375-9790 to reserve your seat(s) by noon Thursday.
5) If you do not make a reservation and the service is full, there is a possibility for social distancing reasons, you may not be allowed in.
6) If you do not make a reservation and there are available seats, you will be asked to provide your name, phone number and address. This information is required in the event Bausman would need to contact you because someone at this service tested positive for COVID-19.
7) Only the front door and the handicap ramp door will be open. The back doors will not be opened for access.
8) The doors will open 20 minutes prior to the worship service start time
9) All worshipers will have their temperature taken before being seated. Any worshiper with a temperature of 100.4 Fahrenheit or greater will not be admitted.
10) There will be no choir or congregational signing. There will be a prelude, postlude and special music, as available.
11) Hand sanitizer will be available. Gloves (optional) and masks will be available for those who forgot to bring their own.
12) There will be no nursery services for young children.
13) Children will remain in their seats during the children’s sermon.
14) The service will last about 40 – 45 minutes.
15) We realize you may need to use the restroom. If you do, please follow the cleaning instructions posted in the restroom. Only the unisex restroom across from the office will be available.
16) Parents, please accompany your children to the restroom to ensure the cleaning instructions are followed.
17) After the service, Pastor Mark will be available in the circle driveway.
1) Wearing a mask/face covering for worshipers 2 years and older is required inside the church during the entire service. It is requested on church property.
2) Practice 6 feet social distancing outside and inside the church where possible.
3) Take any coats, umbrellas with you to your seat.
4) If needed, bring a bottle of water. The water fountain will not be accessible.
5) Bring crayons and something to do for small children.
6) Sit where instructed by the ushers. They have been trained to social distance worshipers.
7) Exit by the door you entered and only when instructed by the ushers.
8) Leave the church as promptly and safely as possible. There will be no fellowship hour at this time.
9) Take your bulletin and everything you brought with you when you leave.
1) Congregate inside the church, outside the doors or on the handicap ramp.
2) Shake hands / hug or touch non-family members.
3) Use the cloak room.
4) Use the hallways other than to use the unisex restroom.
5) Use the office. The office will remain locked on Sundays. Business should be conducted during the week.
What to expect
1) There will not be any bibles, hymnals, or envelopes in the pews
2) There will not be any cushions on the pews. You may bring your own.
3) Offering collection trays will be at both entrances to the sanctuary.
4) Bulletins will be available on the ends of the pews.
5) At this time, only artificial flowers will be used on the altar.
We realize that these temporary guidelines and restrictions may not suit everyone at
this time. If that is the case, please continue worshiping from home and we hope to see
you in the future when these guidelines and restrictions are relaxed.